• 4 ounces Black Creek Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, aged 2 years
• 12 slices bacon
• 1/2 pound ground beef
• 1 bun
• your choice of toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion and mayonnaise)
1. Line 6 slices of bacon vertically side by side.
2. Fold back every other bacon strip and lay a slice of bacon perpendicular to the original 6 strips. Repeat this step until your entire bacon weave is done, alternating which strips go over and which stops go under the original 6 bacon strips.
3. Bake the bacon weave in your oven for 15 minutes at 375°.
4.Remove the bacon weave from the oven and pat it down with paper towels to remove excess grease.
5.Separate ground beef into 2 equal-sized patties, season them with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt and flatten them out until they're about 1/4" thick.
6.Place one of your burger patties into the middle of your bacon weave and top with 2 ounces of Black Creek Cheddar and then your second burger patty.
7.Push down the edges of your top burger patty to seal the two patties together and wrap the bacon weave around them.
8.Grill your bacon wrapped burger patty for 5 minutes per side over medium heat or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Top the burger with the remainder of your Black Creek Cheddar during the last minute on the grill.
9. Assemble your burger by taking a bottom bun and topping it with your choice of toppings — we went with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayonnaise — and finally a top bun.