- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 sandwiches
- 2 Cup smoked Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 Cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and finely chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic. powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 Slice Texas Toast bread
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
TO MAKE PIMENTO CHEESE:
- In a large bowl, mix together cheese, mayonnaise, bell pepper, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, sriracha chili sauce, garlic. powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper until well combined. Refrigerate 2 hours to thoroughly combine flavors. (Makes about 2 cups. Pimiento cheese can be stored in refrigerator up to one week.)
TO MAKE SANDWICHES:
- Bring pimento cheese to room temperature.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Flip 4 slices over and spread the pimiento cheese on each of slice. Top each with another slice of bread and place into preheated skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Turn sandwiches and cook 3 to 4 minutes until second side is crispy and golden brown and cheese has melted. Remove from heat and serve.
Black Creek® Cheddar cheeses are conscientiously cultivated under the watchful eye of a Certified Master Cheesemaker. Black Creek® Double Smoked Cheddar Cheese is naturally aged to produce a distinctive flavor profile that’s rich and creamy with a pleasant sharpness. After careful aging, the cheese is then smoked twice to impart a robustly smoky flavor.